Progress with gcc, but yet another problem...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Progress with gcc, but yet another problem...
From: "Michael Laird" <mlaird@franck.sanders.lockheed.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 09:12:41 -0500
Hello all,

Thanks to some information from Ralf, I found that the cross-compiler on our
SPARC system will not work with Linux (the assembler doesn't understand some of
the Linux asm code).  So I've gone back to fighting with gcc on our PC, and
have now gotten it to compile through some of libgcc.a successfully.  Progress!

Unfortunately, right now it is bombing on "_eprintf()" in libgcc2.c; it says:
        ./libgcc2.c:1394: stdio.h: No such file or directory

The command line producing this error is ( {name} is _eprintf of course):
        ./xgcc -B./ -O2 -DCROSS_COMPILE -DIN_GCC -g -I./include -g1 -I. -I. \
                -I./config -c -DL${name} ./libgcc2.c -o ${name}.o; \

It looks to me like xgcc should be looking for includes first in ./include,
then in ./, then in ./config, and then should default to the standard
/usr/include.  So why is it unable to find <stdio.h>?  I checked and stdio.h is
not in ./include, but it is of course in /usr/include, so we should be all set,
right?

So should I copy stdio.h into ./include?  Or should I add -I/usr/include?  Or
is something else wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Michael

Michael Laird, Nashua, NH               "Glory to God in the highest, and on
Sanders, A Lockheed Martin Company      earth peace, good will toward men."
mlaird@franck.sanders.lockheed.com              -- Luke 2:14
[All opinions expressed are personal and do not represent Sanders in any way.]