Progress

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Progress
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 13:44:51 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

after a rather silent week on this mailing list I think it's time for
a little report  what I'm just hacking and what's the state of things.

Last week I've updated all involved software to the latest versions
which are binutils 2.6, GCC 2.7.2, GNU libc snapshot 951209, kernel
1.3.45.  GNU libc is reaching a state where it is possible to compile
and use programms.  The big exception are signals which are currently
lethal, but that's a kernel problem anyway ...

There is another problem with the ELF binutils 2.6.  It is currently not
possible to compile a kernel with them.  I'll take a look at this
buglet rsn.  This bug is the only reason why we still cannot make
a.out what it actually already is - history ...  To avoid for all
you people out there the work of upgrading I'll wait with another
crosscompiler & tools release until this one has been fixed.

Last week I used my MIPS box for a (successfull :-) crypto-attack trying
to break a PGP key brute force.  So you see it's slowly getting usable.

Michael Rausch yesterday received the required documentation to work
on Sonic/NCR53C93 drivers, so we should have SCSI working soon.  (Michael,
don't make that a lie ...)