Re[2]: Linux LibC [ was: Re: Re[3]: Linux/MIPS ]

To: linux-mips@guadalquivir.fnet.fr
Subject: Re[2]: Linux LibC [ was: Re: Re[3]: Linux/MIPS ]
From: BHOUGH@mailgw.sanders.lockheed.com
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 10:39:29 -0500

          Hi All -
          Mike and I are working on the Big Endian MIPS port here at
          Sanders, and I have yet another question for the list (and
          for Ralph and Uli in particular).

          I have been downloading the libc-4.6.27-2 code and includes
          from ftp.fnet.fr/linux-mips/src/libc  (well, the 4.6.27 and
          the -2.diffs for both).  The includes seems to be missing a
          /mips subdirectory.  Does this come from somewhere else or
          is this a problem?

          The real question that I wanted to ask, though, is since we
          are doing a big endian port - should we be using the GNU
          glibc instead?  And if so, is the
          ftp.fnet.fr/linux-mips/src/libc the best place to get it?
          (I assume it is, I'm just checking in case someone else has
          a better one they've been working on.)

          Well, that's the current crisis.  We're trying to record
          what we do and how we do it (for our own sanity and to pass
          on if needed) - maybe this will be usefull to others as
          clueless  8^)

                                                  Brannen