Re: Fnet FTP organization

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Fnet FTP organization
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 00:26:10 +0100 (MET)
Hi all,

> I've done a little bit of clean-up in
> ftp.fnet.fr:/linux-mips/crossdev/
> i486-linux/ is renamed to i486-linuxaout/
> i486-linuxelf/ is renamed to i486-linux/

I'm about the make the same change for the GCC 2.7.2/binutils 2.6 patches.
The binutils (wonder, wonder ...) are now good enough so that they can
compile my code not only into a.out but also into elf (wonder, wonder ...)
This is the final step for burying a.out.

The only a.out thing that is still left is then the kernel executable to
be loaded by Milo.  (Stoned, how is NAPS progressing?)  The kernel however
can be built using an ELF compiler from now on.  So be happy, rsn you'll
only have one compiler & friends left on your harddisk.

The config file of the kernel will however offer you the option to build
a kernel as a.out executable using the old a.out compiler, so don't
panic upgrading ...

> This is to live with our time (as we say in french)
> So you will find the package i486-linux-1.tar.gz in the i486-linux/
> subdirectory, as it's a complete Linux/MIPS crossdev tools suite for
> an i486-linux system (aka an ELF one!) There is also in this directory
> a file named README.i486-linux-1.tar.gz, which contains Ralf's
> description of his work.

I'll rsn upload a second toolkit, thistimes including big endian binaries.

   Ralf

(Waana have fun? Look into the PowerPC sources.  Sometimes looks damned like
MIPS source ...  Well, I take being cloned as a compliment :->