Re: mips-linux instead of mipsel-linux

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: mips-linux instead of mipsel-linux
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 00:13:25 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> I've done a little bit of clean-up in
> ftp.fnet.fr:/linux-mips/crossdev/
> i486-linux/ is renamed to i486-linuxaout/
> i486-linuxelf/ is renamed to i486-linux/
>
> This is to live with our time (as we say in french)
> So you will find the package i486-linux-1.tar.gz in the i486-linux/
> subdirectory, as it's a complete Linux/MIPS crossdev tools suite for
> an i486-linux system (aka an ELF one!) There is also in this directory
> a file named README.i486-linux-1.tar.gz, which contains Ralf's
> description of his work.

You can savely applymy patches for 2.7.0 to 2.7.1 with no rejects.  Doing
so will however ruin the GCC support for Linux/68k but that probably a
"don't care" for you anyway.  This is because both my patch and GCC 2.7.1
contain support for Linux/68k and twice is too much.

There is also a quick'n'dirty way to make my distributed binaries work for
big endian targets.  mipsel-linux{elf}-gcc -EB will generate big endian
output :-)