mips-linux instead of mipsel-linux

Subject: mips-linux instead of mipsel-linux
From: "Michael Laird" <>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 15:26:11 -0500
Hello all,

Since we want to run our MIPS board in big-endian rather than little-endian, we
need to get a version of gcc that will produce big-endian executables.  Is
there one already compiled that I can ftp from somewhere?  Or do I have to get
the source and compile it with the switches as described in Andy's README file
( ?  In that case I'd
also appreciate any leads on the closest version of the source that I should
look for (ie, where do you get yours from to configure as mipsel-linux?).

Thanks for all the help you folks have been so far!  I really appreciate the

Michael Laird

Michael Laird, Nashua, NH               "Glory to God in the highest, and on
Sanders, A Lockheed Martin Company      earth peace, good will toward men."              -- Luke 2:14
[All opinions expressed are personal and do not represent Sanders in any way.]