Re: Latest News

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Latest News
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 10:20:45 +0100 (MET)
Hi all,

> - the SNI contract is "certified". The german Unix magazine "iX"
> will announce the cooperation between us and SNI in the january
> issue. SNI officially confirmed the cooperation to Harald Milz of iX.

Apropos iX - I recently announced an article about the Linux ports.
Unfortunately the article will not be printed in the January but the
February issue.  There were already too many Linux articles in the
january issue ...

> - I'll get the RM200 box next week. We'll get full technical
> documentation directly from SNI Munich.

Great.  Guess Michael is really keen to get all that stuff ...

> - I received a query from SGI Switzerland regarding the state
> of the Linux/MIPS project. A customer wrote an application for
> Linux/i386 and SGI wants a port to a Mips platform running
> Linux/MIPS. This might become a very interesting thing.

Yes, if they permit Larry to hack Linux at work :-)

> - Paul Antoine (still not able to post to the list) has gotten
> quite far with the DEC port. If I understood him right, he
> has a bootloader and a partly working kernel. Cache control
> and exception handlers work already.

Yes, I'm currently talking with him how to integrate the stuff in
a reasonable manner into the standard kernel.

> One question: Has anyone responded to the question regarding
> R3000 support? I saw something in the list this morning. Please,
> would someone answer this?

Just sent an answer.