Latest News

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Latest News
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 16:32:18 +0100
Hi all,

I'm as usual in a hurry (any news about the 36h/day update?)
so here's just a short summary of the latest news:

- the SNI contract is "certified". The german Unix magazine "iX"
will announce the cooperation between us and SNI in the january
issue. SNI officially confirmed the cooperation to Harald Milz of iX.

- I'll get the RM200 box next week. We'll get full technical
documentation directly from SNI Munich.

- I received a query from SGI Switzerland regarding the state
of the Linux/MIPS project. A customer wrote an application for
Linux/i386 and SGI wants a port to a Mips platform running
Linux/MIPS. This might become a very interesting thing.

- Paul Antoine (still not able to post to the list) has gotten
quite far with the DEC port. If I understood him right, he
has a bootloader and a partly working kernel. Cache control
and exception handlers work already.

One question: Has anyone responded to the question regarding
R3000 support? I saw something in the list this morning. Please,
would someone answer this?

Thanks,
Andy