Re: Weekend offline

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Weekend offline
From: Luc Beurton <beurton@fnet.fr>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 95 14:30:09 MET
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> Hello,
> On Nov 27, 12:37pm, linux-user wrote:
> > Subject: Weekend offline
> > Hi all,
> >
> > it looks as if my complete email is trashed.
> > Can someone fill me in on the last weekend? (beginning friday evening)
> >

> You didn't missed anything. Actually, it was a long, boring, raining weekend.
> The list didn't moved, and i wrote some optimized code for the console. That's
> all.

Hi all,

I've done some test this week-end too, and I found  that the function
gprint_char is not very  slow but the real probleme is the scrolling. So, I try
to use the option Top of the screen of the G364 board. The VRAM could be saw
as a circular buffer. I've only tested this way of scrolling on the
Hello_World_VMlinux, with only  down scrolling. I think it could be as fast as
a text card on my PC.
So two questions:
- Can we rely on 2MB of VRAM or is somebody got less with his G364 ?
- Paolo, what's new with your 4bpp stuff ? less bpp we can use more this
'circular buffer' will be usefull.

Cheers Luc.