Low-res problem idea

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Low-res problem idea
From: "Paolo Bevilacqua" <pab@RMnet.IT>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 23:44:58 +0100
Hi again,
If my supposition about the cause of this problem (ie. board's bug with
data in endianess different than expected) makes any sense, can the nice
R4000 r/w with the 'right' endianess into the VRAM area ? I haven't my
manual set around (that bunch of A4 paper is able to mimetize quite
good) to check this now, but i'm sure that somebody on here knows ..

The only two env. (conf. floppy  and RISC/os PROM) with i've a good
display are both b.e... gee... why we don't switch the whole thing to be
? :))

        /pab

NT note: 3.51 server release installation hangs at first disk access (i
wanted to test graphic modes with it), i ran
scsi(0)cdrom(x)fdisk(0)\mips\arcinst.exe and then ..\mips\setupldr but
i'm not sure it's correct, i don't want to touch the glossy relnotes of
NT .... brrr....

BSD4.4 note: The doc set is nice! Expecially the sysadm (ie one of jobs
i'm supposed to do (too)) part tells nice things about lotta cool stuff
... i'm fascinated by amd at the present ... Stability in file system
availabity .... Watta dream ...

WIN95 note: It sucks (i feel like a young Linux fanatic when i say
that), watta do you expected to read here ?