Re: SCSI & style of life

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SCSI & style of life
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@waldorf-gmbh.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 18:19:46 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> I'm ok with that, we have to make a decision about the right tools,
> and well Ralf can always play with the new ones (I will try them:).

Yes, and at least binutils 2.6 or newer will soon be required.  I plan
to use their feature of creating raw binary files to eleminate the
requirement for Milo to know about the kernel executable format.
Comes also very handy for support of compressed kernels.

> Another coordinator, hum... well hum..., I'm confused, that's for
> sure, I think that if things go like they seem to go, we can end up
> with a OpenLinux/MIPS laying somewhere ;)
>
> What will be more usefull, code that runs and which is listed in the
> TODO list, or a new coordinator ?

Apropos TODO list - as you may have seen I've started one in
arch/mips/TODO.  You're free to contribute (and eleminate :-) entries
in it as long as they're kernel related.