Re: SCSI & style of life

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SCSI & style of life
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 16:01:06 +0100

 > Probably only interesting for the people speaking German - I and Roman
 > Hodek are just writing an article about all the Linux ports.  I use
 > the chance to draw attention to all the Linux ports and will provide
 > as much information about them as I can (Hey David - got my mail?).
 > I'll of course mention SNI and hope that we'll manage to attract more
 > people and probably even companies to Linux ports.  The article will
 > be several pages long and be printed in the January issue of iX.
 >
 > For those who don't know the iX - it's the probably biggest UNIX oriented
 > magazine in Germany.  A well regarded magazine with a remarkably high
 > standard.  Luckily it's makers are mostly Linux fans as you easily
 > see by the fact that iX sponsored Drew's development of the 53c7,8xx.c
 > driver.

And you complain about SNI's support being of interest in germany only?
Please, don't let us go into this endless loop again.

 > Obviously you uninformed about ELF - not a second downtime necessary unless
 > you have to recompile the kernel with enabled ELF support.  Just
 > get ld.so from ftp.ods.com in /pub/linux/, unpack it and run the install
 > script that will install the new ld.so.  Ignore the error messages - they're
 > meaningless and won't reappear when you install the same version again.
 > [...]

That might all be true. However, my boxes work fine even with a.out
and with uptimes of 30,32 and 39 days. Note that two of them are
only 30 and 32 days old, and that the other box got a second harddisk
39 days ago. All of them act as servers with a sum of about 700 to 1000
Megs IP traffic per month, and I don't see any reason to upgrade.
Maybe with the next box, coming this week.

Cheers,
Andy