Re: SCSI & style of life

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SCSI & style of life
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 15:06:06 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> Hello,
> On Nov 21,  4:51pm, Drew Eckhardt wrote:
> > Subject: Re: SCSI & style of life
> > There aren't any endian assumptions in the 5380 code or SCSI code in
> > general (the 68K people are doing fine with it), so you should be
> > happy on a Big or Little endian MIPS.
>
> Thank you Drew for your clarifications. Only, isn't yet clear for me where the
> Emulex FAS216 categorize among the various families you mentioned.

Just as a note - NetBSD for Amiga support the Fastlane controllers which
use a FAS216.  Michael Rausch has this sources and all the docs about the
chip.  As soon as we get his damn Oily to do something usefull he could
take over this part.

Then there is still the Sonic stuff.  The quick'n'dirty fix for it is
using a card without DMA & shared memory like one of these NE2000 clones.
Should work by just recompiling the kernel (provided the fact that my IP
checksum routines work ...)  Who feels like doing the real thing and
fixing the Sonic driver?