Re: SCSI & style of life

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SCSI & style of life
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 14:32:10 +0100
Hi all,
>>>>> "Paolo" == Paolo Bevilacqua <pab@uni.net> writes:
[SNIP]
Paolo> I think that the SNI thing, expecially under your point of
Paolo> view, is very good.  It is a germany based company and it shows
Paolo> as collaborative. Marketing chances for theyr machines are much
Paolo> higher than for hybrid MIPS/PC we are hacking just now, that
Paolo> are ~4 years old.

Hum,... do you really think that SNI believe that people with enought
money to buy a RMx00 will want to run Linux ? RMx00 are good machines
I had the opportunity to play with somes last year, they were under
SINIX (an SYSVR4 system) which have provision for multi processors box
(I had once an account on a 16 R4400 SNI box with 1Go of RAM, gosh !!
what a BIG box, and it's called RM<something> :)

[SNIP]
Paolo> let's say four months. This will give to the people that work
Paolo> on it all the time to add new features, fix the bugs, and
Paolo> release a comprensive source/binaries package.  I want to say
Paolo> my opinion about binaries distributions here. They are GOOD. A
[SNIP]

I'm ok with that, we have to make a decision about the right tools,
and well Ralf can always play with the new ones (I will try them:).

Paolo> HOLYDAYS! .... apart jokes, if you feel you have to pass hand,
Paolo> it's ok. I'm sure you will keep contributing to the
Paolo> whole. Let's find another working model if not another
Paolo> coordinator, this is the place to talk about it, and this is
Paolo> the time to do it. Comments, please.

Another coordinator, hum... well hum..., I'm confused, that's for
sure, I think that if things go like they seem to go, we can end up
with a OpenLinux/MIPS laying somewhere ;)

What will be more usefull, code that runs and which is listed in the
TODO list, or a new coordinator ?

Cheers, Stoned.