Re: New uploads

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: New uploads
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 17:49:58 +0100

 > I guess we're supposed to do software *development*. If you however want
 > to keep you kernel sources from changing I can recommend CD-ROMs.
 > Guaranteed not to change ;-)
 >
 > > Is it really a good idea to hack a new linker right now?
 > > Wouldn't it be better to wait for 2.6.1/2/3 or, even better,
 > > to send your patches to the GNU people so that they *stay*
 > > in the source tree?
 >
 > I know your big love to ancient software - I don't share it.  The gain
 > of using the new software is normally bigger than of keeping the old.

Listen, asshole: I guess I do software development quite a bit
longer than you, ok? So don't tell me that newer software is always
better than older. Or why do you need to fix bugs that weren't in
older versions?

All I try do here is to coordinate things a little bit. If you don't
agree, do it yourself and remove me from the list. I have nothing
to say anymore.

Andy