Re: New uploads

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: New uploads
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 17:29:45 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

>  > No.  But again applying his patches to 1.3 won't too much trouble.

> Ok. So what? First into 1.2.whatever or directly into 1.3.whatever?

I said send me patches for 1.2 or 1.2 - it doesn't matter.  I can integrate
them into 1.3.

> If the stuff shall go into 1.3.x, when can we have a reliable
> source tree that doesn't change every 5 minutes?

I guess we're supposed to do software *development*. If you however want
to keep you kernel sources from changing I can recommend CD-ROMs.
Guaranteed not to change ;-)

> Is it really a good idea to hack a new linker right now?
> Wouldn't it be better to wait for 2.6.1/2/3 or, even better,
> to send your patches to the GNU people so that they *stay*
> in the source tree?

I know your big love to ancient software - I don't share it.  The gain
of using the new software is normally bigger than of keeping the old.