Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 15:08:17 +0100
 > Oh yes, these super-cheap RAMs :-)

Yes, exactly these :-)

 > Well, we could try some hardcore debugging - do the Oilys still have
 > that seven segment display of the original Magnum design?

Unfortunally not. I believe the simplest way to find out if the
kernel at least tries to do something useful is really to write
something directly to the frame buffer. It helped a lot when I
figured out what's wrong with R4000 V2.2 TLB stuff...
Oh well, and an in-circuit R4000 emulator might be helpful...
Anybody out there with such a beast and HP logic analyzer,
perhaps ? :-)

Cheers,
Andy