Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 14:55:57 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

>  > We already had the same idea.  Unfortunately we don't have any software
>  > that is supposed to be working on the Olli.  Well, except that we might
>  > try to install RISC/os from one of Waldorf's CDs.  Did anyone every try
>  > that?
>
> Do you have a spare 500 Meg disk? :-)

Yes, Wayne bought a nice one for it's Oily :-)

> Which leads to the assumption that there must be something wrong
> with this box. As long it isn't clear where the kernel crashes I
> cannot tell you if it has to do with the console driver. Which I
> doubt anyway since it works on Stoned's box and also ran on
> Stefan's.
> Let's assume that the framebuffer is ok. Then it should be possible
> to add some debug stuff (drawline() comes in mind) to the early
> initialization code. Once you know where the box crashes we can

I assume the framebuffer is ok because I the display is otherwise
(In the BIOS, Oily setup, NT Install) perfectly working.  Even after
a crash of NT the machine correctly dumps it's registers.

Andy, is lib/console.c in Milo supposed to be working?  When I last
had access to that Oily some weeks ago I tried to use it from Milo
itself and it failed, too.