Re: Current mips port status?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Current mips port status?
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 14:22:42 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

>    for the design plans that I have for Linux/MIPS a port of EFS would be
>    a perfect add on.  Unfortunately I don't have *any* Mips box with an
>    operating system that is more than experimental at hand.  I don't even
>    dare dreaming about a SGI :-(
>
> Don't worry Ralf, just let me know when you guys have some SGI code
> working and I'll start doing test boots on my 8 processor ONYX ;-)

Arglll .... :-)

Well, about cloning an SGI - recently I played a bit with the reverse
endian bit of the processor.  I managed to launch a big endian ELF
executable on my little endian machine.  And Per just mailed me that
he managed to build a shared library using a Japanese guy's patches
for binutils.  Both has of course not much more than hack status, but
opens nice perspectives in combination.