Re: Current mips port status?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Current mips port status?
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 12:20:06 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> Hi folks,
>       lots of talk on this alias but I somehow failed to get an idea of
> where the mips port stands today.  Could someone summarize?
>
> Also, on the topic of cross development.  It occurred to me that if
> someone where to port SGI's efs to Linux, then IRIX could easily be
> used to dual host Linux and IRIX.  SGI is moving to XFS, they might be
> willing to donate a port of efs.  Do all those boxes you have out there
> run IRIX or is this an uninteresting idea?

Larry,

for the design plans that I have for Linux/MIPS a port of EFS would be
a perfect add on.  Unfortunately I don't have *any* Mips box with an
operating system that is more than experimental at hand.  I don't even
dare dreaming about a SGI :-(

Aside from that the main reason for using Linux for cross development is
the fact that it can create the ext2 filesystems used to boot.  So as
you can see an EFS port would be really usefull for IRIX users.