Re: New uploads

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: New uploads
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 08:53:33 +0100

 > I'll be happy to build and upload a cross compiler for FreeBSD.  I'd
 > build the library too, but it sounds a little too raw to do that just
 > yet (correct me if I'm wrong).  I will not be able to do this for
 > NT/MIPS because the compilers there gave me so much trouble I
 > reformatted the hard disk (well, I had a disk die and needed the disk
 > for production use).

That's the way NT goes :-)

 > Also, I sent a bunch of patches off to Andreas about a month ago for
 > the Deskstation.  Didn't you get them Andy?  If not, I'll be happy to
 > resend them.

No, sorry. All I got was a message from you telling me "here are the
patches" but there were none :-)

 > I've just started a new job (with Drew, no less), so my free time went
 > from quite high to rather low.  I've developed a backlog of projects,
 > so it may take until after the first of the year to get that backlog
 > cleared out.

Anyway, send me your patches. Eventually I'll release another
1.2.11.x kernel before everything moves over to 1.3.
But since you're working with Drew anyway, please ask him if
he has experience with the 53C94. Perhaps he has some hints or
even a halfway complete driver.

Cheers,
Andy