Re: Olli Video

Subject: Re: Olli Video
From: Stoned Elipot <>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 20:29:54 +0100
>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Busse <> writes:
Andreas> Oh well, I've never tried to configure an Oily box. What must
Andreas> I do to switch video modes etc.?

Recall the 2.88Mo configuration floppy, yes ? So get all this floppy
on a floppy of the right size and put it in a floppy drive of also the
right size... If you don't have any of these wonderfull 2.88Mo award
items all you can do is to put all the floppy contents in a directory
on a hard disk: what I do usually - from time to time this spare disk
is involved in other stuff ;) - is extracting all the disks (1 to 4) in
\olli in a little FAT partition, then add a env variable for
convience from the 'system services' prompt: it's something like
>setenv C:=scsi(0)disk(<scsi_id>)rdisk(<LUN>)partition(<part_number>)

Well it's a standard ARC BIOS path, I don't  recall the exact syntax
right now.

Then issue on the 'system services' prompt something like:

>A:\SD.EXE - if you're lucky enough to be 2.88Mo equipped
>C:\SD.EXE - otherwise

Then it's an usual PC/EISA configuration software, you will find the
video parameters by looking the details of 'motherboard' in the EISA
card listing.

Cheers, Stoned.
PS/ Hum,... I guess all the Magnum and Olli disks are not anymore on
the FTP, something to fix...