Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 20:19:02 +0100
 > Ralf> Well, we tried to install various versions of WNT on the Oily to
 > Ralf> verify that it's working.  The machine always crashes at a more
 > Ralf> or less random point.  From what Stoned told me this was what we
 > Ralf> had to excpect because MS doesn't support the Oily anymore.
 > Ralf> Milo however works always and the kernel never.

What *exactly* happens, actually? No output at all, or what?

 > Hum,... I'm not so sure about no support for Olly in WNT, all I know
 > is that I had tried about 4 or 5 version (only different from the
 > compilation number, which is indicated between '[' ']' if I recall
 > well: only two among them can be installed and ''''used'''''''''
 >
 > I'll try to do another install, just to be sure about the correct
 > version number...

I don't think that it's worth finding out which NT runs on the
Oily. Wayne said that the box fails during the audio test, which
definitely worked on Stefan's Oily. I rather believe that there
is some more or less serious hardware bug preventing the kernel
to come up. Either we find a workaround, or the box should be
returned to "Applied Personal Computing" where we got it from.
Unfortunally the usual half-year warranty has been gone by waiting
for matching Rams...

Andy