Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 19:34:18 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> Impossible. I run my Magnum with Lowres since my monitor can't
> handle highres too. To be more precise: I wrote the driver using
> the lowres mode!

Hmmm ...  Is ti posible that Linux tries to write it's output to some
unused part of the video memory that it never being displayed.

> When I remember right, Wayne reported problems with the audio
> hardware. Not that it is used for something, but perhaps this
> box is more or less damaged.

We already had the same idea.  Unfortunately we don't have any software
that is supposed to be working on the Olli.  Well, except that we might
try to install RISC/os from one of Waldorf's CDs.  Did anyone every try
that?

                                If someone can give me configuration
> hints, I could verify this with Stefan's Oily (also residing in
> the "unused or unusable hardware" department).

Well, we tried to install various versions of WNT on the Oily to verify
that it's working.  The machine always crashes at a more or less random
point.  From what Stoned told me this was what we had to excpect because
MS doesn't support the Oily anymore.  Milo however works always and the
kernel never.