Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 19:16:16 +0100

 > The monitor synchronises the frequency from the BIOS;  however the kernel
 > crashes before it prints something.  Milo at the same time seems to be
 > working
 > without trouble.  Suppose that means that the console doesn't handle the low
 > resolution.

Impossible. I run my Magnum with Lowres since my monitor can't
handle highres too. To be more precise: I wrote the driver using
the lowres mode!

When I remember right, Wayne reported problems with the audio
hardware. Not that it is used for something, but perhaps this
box is more or less damaged. If someone can give me configuration
hints, I could verify this with Stefan's Oily (also residing in
the "unused or unusable hardware" department).

Cheers,
Andy