Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 18:16:47 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

>  > Wayne's monitor forces him to use his Olli in lowres.  Oh well, actually
>  > he borrowed it to Michael Rausch while he is on holiday.  Michael'd
>  > like to do something on the Linux port put having a machine without
>  > a working is a bit frustrating.  So I'd be happy if someone could
>  > make a quick & dirty hack for him so that display works at least somehow.
>  > Is this possible?
>
> If I understand Paolo right, the lowres mode just doesn't use
> the second ram bank. If you want readable output, skip each
> second scan line. Is that right? (I feel it is since it's
> mentioned somewhere in the G364 docs that interleaved memory
> banks are necessary to get resolutions higher than 1024x768).
> On the other hand, I run my Magnum in lowres mode, but with
> a highres card. This works fine.

Well, this fails for Wayne's configuration.  By that way - the Olli setup
offers three different screen settings.  Hires and lowres and a third one
with the same resolution like one the first two but different vertical
scan rate.  Dunno believe this is the problem, but just in case ...

Can you try to read out the registers of the G364?