Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 18:08:24 +0100
 > And with Ralf we had grabbed on Linux/Sparc FTP  - hi you people, is
 > you mail ok Pete ? ;) - a bunch of file describing various NCR SCSI
 > chips: we believe the Oily/Magnum/Acer(?) one is in there: I will send
 > it over you tonight, it's at home.

That's good. However, don't forget that the scsi stuff in the
magnum depends on the DMA page tables. I suggest to use global
in/out buffers first, and when the driver seems to work to
choose a better page allocation scheme. Otherwise you'll end
up in a halfway working driver like the Sonic (which I claim
to be responsible for :-( ).
To get an idea, take a look at the floppy driver. It uses
statically allocated track buffers and DMA page tables.

Cheers,
Andy