Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 17:24:00 +0100
 > Wayne's monitor forces him to use his Olli in lowres.  Oh well, actually
 > he borrowed it to Michael Rausch while he is on holiday.  Michael'd
 > like to do something on the Linux port put having a machine without
 > a working is a bit frustrating.  So I'd be happy if someone could
 > make a quick & dirty hack for him so that display works at least somehow.
 > Is this possible?

If I understand Paolo right, the lowres mode just doesn't use
the second ram bank. If you want readable output, skip each
second scan line. Is that right? (I feel it is since it's
mentioned somewhere in the G364 docs that interleaved memory
banks are necessary to get resolutions higher than 1024x768).
On the other hand, I run my Magnum in lowres mode, but with
a highres card. This works fine.

Andy