Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]
From: Luc Beurton <beurton@fnet.fr>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 16:24:09 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr

>> [about console] The problem is that Linux console is an awfull
>> piece of code, and I don't speak about any Magnum specific part. As
>> Ralf told me, Linux/68k console is the right one, work is under
>> progress in our side of the world.

Andreas> And this might turn into a problem: Paolo is also working on
Andreas> a console driver enhancement, if I got him right. If you and
Andreas> Ralf don't tell the others about your work, someone else
Andreas> might spend hours into nothing. No good idea. Either announce
Andreas> what you plan to do, or do nothing. At least, avoid hacking
Andreas> on specific parts when you're not sure about other's plans.

Hi all,
I'm just looking the console.c of linux/68k this week-end, and I think
is the only way to make the linux/Mips console faster.
actually console.c is thinking for Text Card.
Linux/68k or linux/Sparc are made for Graphics Card, with good scrool ...

Luc.