Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Work [was: Re: SNI Alliance Partner]
From: "Paolo Bevilacqua" <pab@uni.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 14:40:36 +0100

> And this might turn into a problem: Paolo is also working on a
> console driver enhancement, if I got him right. If you and Ralf
> don't tell the others about your work, someone else might spend
> hours into nothing. No good idea. Either announce what you plan
> to do, or do nothing. At least, avoid hacking on specific parts
> when you're not sure about other's plans.

Actually, i'm working on the low level routines to have them fast & reliable.
(BTW, i think i will run at 1BPP, after some little arithmentic i found that
also 4BPP gives only 128 'virtual' lines, that are too few to have advantage
from the planned harware scroll).
There is need of a generic ansi/vt100 emulator to wrap around'em (in the kernel
only, milo stays happy with "/r/n" handling. I haven't looked at the Linux
sources yet, but such a thing should be very easy to find around. My goal is
also to have support for applications (X) that are willing to take (and
possibly return) control of the video.
in the meanwhile, dear 2MB boards owners:
please give a look to the oscillator clock close the baby 364: it's 5Mhz ?
8.125 ? or what ?
Also please look at 0xe0200000 and tell me what do you have there.

        /pab