Re: SNI Alliance Partner

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SNI Alliance Partner
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 13:35:34 +0100
Hi again,

 > I wouldn't say that nobody cares about your precious coordination, but that
 > people (including me) often fails in packing, documenting and releasing the
 > work they have done. A bit more effort in this would help a lot.

Perfectly right. It doesn't help that someone fixes his specific
problems. The solution must be made available, and in such a way
that it does not produce new problems.

 > See above - Since i'm kinda stalled with the video board i'll release the
 > crossdev that i built, unless there are newer versions on theyr (close) way.

Sorry, I don't remember which version you run. I'm running gcc-2.7.0-2
or so, but I'm never sure if it's really the *right* version. It would
be way better if Ralf would release binaries since he's the one that
knows what can go wrong. Imagine H.J.Lu would have thrown gcc sources
after early Linux users. Do you think Linux would have had the same success?
It is not the question wether we're developers and able to build our
own compilers or not. It's necessary to have a reference to make sure
that certain problems do not depend on "personal" compiler bugs!

 > You're right. I would categorize the editor into this kind of applications,
 > anyway :).

Right. And we're lightyears away from an editor!

 > Gee, if this crazyness will take me the right way you will call me Paolo
 > 'Drew'
 > Bevilacqua!

Take a look at the subscriber list: There is already a Drew :-)
Ask him. Perhaps he can help you!

Cheers,
Andy