Re: Console driver performances

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Console driver performances
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 22:42:08 +0100
Hi all,

 > Well,
 > i don't like to before things are done, but the code i'm cooking should give
 > sufficiente speedup, running the G364 at 4bpp with hardware scroll...
 > All this come of course from the precious Andy's docs and talks.

Well, I think that you should continue this work. Certainly if
you can manage hardscrolling to work this would give much more
speedup than just unrolling the scroll loop. A long time ago
I already played around with unrolled loops and I came to the
results as Ralf estimated. Unrolling more than 8 loops didn't
further improve the performance, at least not noticable.

Cheers,
Andy