Re: SNI RM200

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: SNI RM200
From: Systemkennung Linux <linux@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 17:51:17 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> On Nov 13,  4:28pm, Andreas Busse wrote:
> > Soo... My time has become very short. I cannot take care of
> > this box too much, which means that I'll do the very basic
> > things only: Patch Milo, hack the TLB table and change the
> > console driver. Regarding everything else: Volunteers welcome!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andy
> >

> Well, i'm working on the console driver too, to make it faster & indipendent
> from ARC bios. Does the Siemes have a G364 graphic board ?

:-)

This is an uptodate workstation with a 150MHz (?) R4600.  It's just the
smallest model of a whole series.  The bigger models RM400, RM600, RM800
and RM800 are all running on R4400MC 200MHz with 4mb second level cache
per CPU.  Number of CPUs varies from 2 (RM400) to 1024 (RM1000). And of
course the MC CPU version has not only the 64 bit main memory bus - it has
even an extra 128bit wide bus only used to access the cache ...  Faaast ...

No idea what graphics hardware they use.  Some models have PCI slots, so
probably a pretty normal graphics card?  At least this words should say
something about what caliber that machine is and that it's not using
a G364 with high probability.

About the G364 - doesn't anybody feel like hacking a real console for it?
I hacked the support for the Acer and without benchmarks I'd say the
speed difference is by a factor of several hundred times.