> > I did and maked with the same options from andy's README for 2.6.3, then
> > i maked install, it copied executables to .../gcc-lib/2.7.0, but:
> > ...
> > _varargs
> > _eprintf
> > ./libgcc2.c:1394: stdio.h: No such file or directory
> > I hope is no problem ?!?
> This *is* a problem, but it should be no problem to solve it :-)
> Make sure that you've installed the latest include files from
> libc-4.6.27-2, I believe and that you also setup the links
> from .../include/linux and .../include/asm to the corresponding
> kernel source directories. Without the includes and the kernel
> sources you probably won't be able to compile anything.
> Hope this helps.
Just some additional words - compiling the whole cross compiler
stuff from the scratch is a bit wired if there aren't older
binaries of the MIPS stuff installed. Installation in that
- Install header files in /usr/mipsel-linux/include/
- configure, compile and install binutils for mipsel-linux
- configure and compile gcc as usual. The compile will
break when it tries to link cross-test. Ignore that.
- Install the cross compiler(s), gcc generated header files
and libgcc.a by hand.
- compile libc-4.6.26 and install binaries:
- ./configure; answer all questions.
- make STATIC=true
- make install.static
- move all files installed by the last step *.a and *.o
files into /usr/mipsel-linux/lib/.
- You can new try to recompile gcc. This time no problems
(Probably an paragraph for the FAQ ...)