Olivetti and Magnum (I hope) RAM detection

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Olivetti and Magnum (I hope) RAM detection
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 10:44:36 +0100
Hi all,
you will find in ftp.fnet.fr:/linux-mips/private/Incoming two files
named 'oilyram.c' and 'oilyram'. The second one is an ARC Bios
executable, you can just launch it the same way as you launch Milo. If
you want to compile it yourself, see the comments at the top of the
source file,... Well this stuff will hopefully report the amount of
physical RAM installed in an Olivetti Box, and I hope in a Magnum 4000
two (one more test to see if this two boxes are really tweens
:).

Please try it out and say to me if it had worked - as it was
difficult for me to get a grip on various kind of SIMMs to test it on
my box with various RAM configuration; at least it reports the correct
amount for me ;)

Well if this is ok, it will be integrated in my current Milo source
tree - in fact it's already in ;) - and I will start working on the
new argument passing scheme. Lots of patch on milo and kernel have to
be expected...

Cheers, Stoned.