Re: More Olli help

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: More Olli help
From: Wayne Hodgen <hodgen@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 18:10:16 +0100 (MET)

No, not very. Annoying I'd say.

>  >
>  > BTW, is there a workingish Olli kernel source around? I tried the standard
>  > 1.2.11.2 on ftp.fnet.fr milo loads it but launching it does nothing except
>  > freeze up the machine.
>
> Which "standard" 1.2.11.2 ? There's a binary somewhere on ftp.fnet.fr,
> I guess in linux-mips/private/Incoming, as well as a Milo binary.
> Both have been successfully tested on Magnum and Ollis. If it doesn't
> work on your Olli, there's either something wrong with the hardware,
> with the Ram or with its configuration.

I took the 1.2.0 source in mips/src/kernel/v1.2 and patched it up to
1.2.11.2. Milo I took 0.25. Compiled with DEBUG=1 and started with milo -v.
I still get no more output than before :(

> If you want to find out more, get the Milo source tree and compile
> it. The binary on ftp.fnet.fr has the verbose option turned off,
> so you'll don't see anything but a copyright and, after some time,
> the image size and "Launching kernel....".
>
> You may also run Pandora (actually the same as Milo, but with
> the debugger enabled by default) to check if things are working.
>
> Let me know if you need further help!

I need more help. After I compile my vmlinux, do I have to do something to
it? Or just copy it to the floppy? RALF! I WANT MY RALF! ;)

Bye (going home now)
--
Wayne Hodgen   | hodgen@informatik.uni-koblenz.de | #include <ridiculouslylong
Uni Koblenz,   | or Fight-o-net 2:2454/500.69     | legalesemumbojumbodisclaim