Re: More Olli help

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: More Olli help
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 17:23:07 +0100

 > Mine crashes very reliably on the "Tone test". Cache exception error and
 > a register dump.

Interesting...

 > BTW, is there a workingish Olli kernel source around? I tried the standard
 > 1.2.11.2 on ftp.fnet.fr milo loads it but launching it does nothing except
 > freeze up the machine.

Which "standard" 1.2.11.2 ? There's a binary somewhere on ftp.fnet.fr,
I guess in linux-mips/private/Incoming, as well as a Milo binary.
Both have been successfully tested on Magnum and Ollis. If it doesn't
work on your Olli, there's either something wrong with the hardware,
with the Ram or with its configuration.

If you want to find out more, get the Milo source tree and compile
it. The binary on ftp.fnet.fr has the verbose option turned off,
so you'll don't see anything but a copyright and, after some time,
the image size and "Launching kernel....".

You may also run Pandora (actually the same as Milo, but with
the debugger enabled by default) to check if things are working.

Let me know if you need further help!

Cheers,
Andy