Re: Linux for ARC compliant MIP

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux for ARC compliant MIP
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 14:43:56 -0600
: DECstations are not ARC compliant.  A Linux port is in progress for
DS3100/5000
: but it is presently stuck at the boot loader stage.  I ahve been trying to
find
: time to work on it, but haven't been very successful lately.  I'm not sure if
: anyone else is working on said beast.

You've likely already thought about this, but have you considered
using the boot loader from NetBSD?  If it understands ufs (aka ffs)
only (which is likely), then you could either boot off of a ffs
partition for now, or use libe2fs.  Heck, even MIPS/Linux is booting
off of a FAT partition only at this time.

Maybe you already are doing this, and I've missed it....

Warner