Re: Linux for ARC compliant MIP

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux for ARC compliant MIP
From: Matt Messier <marius@prilnari.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 16:35:50 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "linux@waldorf-gmbh.de"@ampakz.ENET.dec.com
On Tue, 24 Oct 1995, Time flies like an Arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
24-Oct-1995 1610 wrote:

> >>This is MILO V0.22 -- a bootstrap loader for Linux/MIPS on
> >>ARC compliant systems. Please send comments, bug reports
> >>and so on to <linux@waldorf-gmbh.de>.
>
> Could you please give me more information about what machines this can be
> installed on? I am typing this on a Decstation 3100, and I would love to
> install Linux on this thing.

DECstations are not ARC compliant.  A Linux port is in progress for DS3100/5000
but it is presently stuck at the boot loader stage.  I ahve been trying to find
time to work on it, but haven't been very successful lately.  I'm not sure if
anyone else is working on said beast.

Matt Messier
The Prilnari Project
Lincoln, RI, USA