Re: Magnum + Kernel 1.2.11

Subject: Re: Magnum + Kernel 1.2.11
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 20:30:25 +0100 (MET)
Hi again,
> [SNIP]
> Stoned> binaries on are mipsel-* so for little end of eggs :)
> BTW, the libc should be recompiled in big-endian, shouldn't it ?

Basically you're right but I hope by the time when a big endian machine
tries to run Linux these libc is really obsolete.  I've got a port of
HJ's libc 5.0.9 for ELF on my home machine and a two days old snapshot
of the glibc which is known to be working on MIPS machines and on
Linux/i386.  So it's port will be very easy.  Though I won't release
them before I tested them much more.  Oh, ... both support shared libs
using the ELF format :-)