Re: Systems 95 show in Munich

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Systems 95 show in Munich
From: Jens Hoffmann <jens@jens1.whu-koblenz.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 17:01:24 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

Ralf Baechle wrote:

> > Fantastic! Where  will this baby be housed? (hint, hint)
> > I am curretnly installing (wurg) WIN 95, cause I am supposed to write
> > some ISDN-Stuff. Perhaps I can do a port of the Linux-ISDN systems
> > (I have to look at them anyway :))

> Bad news for you: the ISDN stuff looks pretty portable; nothing to do
> but compile ...

:) Partly.  As I need a CAPI, the ISDN-Stuffcan only be a starting point.
But you are right, programmers  doin ISDN are really working portable.
I had a look into the SDK for AVM-cards.
I really was astonished.
MS-DOG Sources which can compile without changes in DOS, WIN16 and WIN32
mode :)
a handful of #defines (_far, __far, near ans some other funny keywordsw)
and the right header-files will do,
if I had a CAPI, there would be not much left todo :)

Actually, besides ISDN.

My impression is, that the point is approaching, where _normal_
development ain't far away.

I hereby renew my statement of interest for this project :)
I am still not very keen on kernel-hacking but you'll know, what I can do:)

Bye,
   Jens