Re: Magnum + Kernel 1.2.11

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Magnum + Kernel 1.2.11
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 16:51:53 +0200
Hi,

>>>>> "David" == David Kerry <davidk@sni.ca> writes:
[SNIP]

David> I'm using only the binary releases at the moment, but I'm
David> attempting to re-compile the 2.7.0 with the supplied patch,
David> however it keeps bombing out when it tries to build what looks
David> like a big-endian libsomething.  I think the problem is that
David> the binutils from fnet.fr do not support big-endian, so I'm
David> going to re-compile the binutils first, then try gcc again.

binaries on fnet.fr are mipsel-* so for little end of eggs :)

David>  When I configure gcc, should I be generating ELF output, or
David> just leave it as the default? (ie: Should I be generating ELF
David> Linux/MIPS executables?)

Default, so Linux's a.out

Cheers, Stoned.