Re: Systems 95 show in Munich

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Systems 95 show in Munich
From: Jens Hoffmann <jens@jens1.whu-koblenz.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 13:30:16 +0100 (MET)
Hi Andy and all!

> e) Taataaaa!!!

> SNI (Siemens/Nixdorf) will officially support Linux/MIPS.
> I talked to whole bunch of SNI suits, in order of "importance":
> the Director of Business Midrange Products Management,
> the Midrange Systems Product Sales Manager,
> the Director of the Sales Partner Support Department and
> the Project Manager of the Telecommunication Services Department.

Great. I like the SNI-Suits :)

> They are all highly interested in Linux/MIPS, although they never
> heard about this port. Actually, they believed that /pub/Linux/ALPHA
> means DEC Alpha, not "less than beta". Perhaps Sunsite should rename
> this directory :-)

<g>

> Anyway, they promised to provide us some hardware (at least a
> RM200 box with ram and HD), full technical support via email and
> telephone hotline and access to their ftp and web sites, where
> we can place the Linux/MIPS archive too.

Fantastic! Where  will this baby be housed? (hint, hint)
I am curretnly installing (wurg) WIN 95, cause I am supposed to write
some ISDN-Stuff. Perhaps I can do a port of the Linux-ISDN systems
(I have to look at them anyway :))

> Well, isn't that good news?

It is fantastic news :)

What was the main interest  of the telecommunications-tie?

Greetings,
   Jens

(Yeah, I am still listening :))