Re: Oily report

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Oily report
From: "David Kerry" <davidk@sni.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 21:15:18 -0400
>  > something similar, I didn't write it down), and lastly,
>  > "sw0 received".
>  >    I tried to track down the "sw0 received" message, but
>  > couldn't determine where it came from.
>  >

> It comes from the low level interrupt handler in
> arch/mips/kernel/magnum4000.S and tells you that a software interrupt 0
> was received. Shouldn't happen, actually. Can you tell me a bit more
> about your Magnum, ie. if it's a PC or SC machine, if it already has
> labels at the rear panel connectors etc.? Not that I would be able
> to say "Sure! That's it!" but it might be helpful to figure out if
> there are perhaps different versions of Magnums out there. I don't
> believe so, but who knows...
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

        Here's the specs (as far as I can determine) from my
Magnum 4000.  The label on the front say "Mips ARCSystem,
Magnum 4000 PC-50".  It's in a typical gray metal desktop casing
with a plastic fascia.  Floppy is mounted vertically on the right
side and there are two 5 1/4" bays to the left of the floppy.
On the back, everything is very neatly labelled with what appears
to be stick-on plastic.  On the bottom right on the back of the machine
there is a small white barcode sticker which I assume is the
serial number, which says "EE02294".  It has two serial ports,
one 25 pin, one 9 pin, thick ethernet connection, and audio/mouse
connections.  Video is a rather odd wide connector that has
three large round connectors within, as well as several smaller
pins.

--
David Kerry  (davidk@sni.ca)
Sietec Open Systems