Re: Oily report

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Oily report
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 17:59:48 +0100
Hi again,

 >      Initially, I had both the Acer and the Magnum 4000 configured
 > in (actually I forgot about it).  But after the keyboard problems,
 > I went back and double-checked the config and removed all of the
 > unnecessary stuff, including the Acer config.

Hmmm. When I remember right, I got the message "keyboard timed out"
before I changed keyboard.c so that Ralf's changes apply to the
whole JAZZ family instead of the PICA only.
In so far, the keyboard driver must work at least halfway.
What's about increasing delay loops in kbd_wait() and send_data(),
for example? It's nothing uncommon that hardcoded delay loops
that work on Intels fail on Mipses. They wait much faster :-)

Cheers,
Andy