Re: Oily report

Subject: Re: Oily report
From: "David Kerry" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 12:51:57 -0400
> Hi,
> >     You already know the state of my keyboard on a Magnum, but here's
> > some more info on it that I left out.  On boot-up, the kernel complains
> > about 3 things, first, "Scanmode 2 failed", then later after
> > checking the floppy it blurts out "fake_keyboard_interrupt()" (or
> > something similar, I didn't write it down), and lastly,
> > "sw0 received".
> >     I tried to track down the "sw0 received" message, but
> > couldn't determine where it came from.
> Could you please post, which machines where anabled during compilation?
> I mean, where there any others enabled except Magnum 4000?  Normally
> this shouldn't hurt, but the keyboard driver is a bit hacked.
>    Ralf

        Initially, I had both the Acer and the Magnum 4000 configured
in (actually I forgot about it).  But after the keyboard problems,
I went back and double-checked the config and removed all of the
unnecessary stuff, including the Acer config.

David Kerry  (
Sietec Open Systems
1131a Leslie Street, Don Mills,
Ontario, M3C-3L8, Canada
Tel: (416) 449-9449, Fax: (416) 449-6232