Re: Saturday in Paris

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Saturday in Paris
From: Stoned Elipot <Stoned.Elipot@univ-evry.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 16:48:35 +0200
Hi All,

>>>>> "Paolo" == Paolo Bevilacqua <pab@uni.net> writes:
Paolo> Take two french hackers and theyr various boxes, a cat and a
Paolo> visitor from Rome. Take a beta net-tools set and an heavvily
Paolo> patched mips development suite. Add an underscore in front of
Paolo> main() et voila': you can now crash the kernel with 'ifconfig'
Paolo> :)

I guess we can find zillion ways of doing this :)

[SNIP]
Paolo> - Maximum uptime for Mach is half a day.

That's not the one of Mach but of Luc's box :)

Paolo> - LAT and etherswitches don't mix well together.

Yes indeed, very confusing the first time.

Paolo> - Cool apartements in Paris have Ethernet but not phone.

Not true now, from today 10am we got a phone line ;)

Paolo> - Metro' routing ends at 1.00 am. After, you must use taxi
Paolo> encapsulation.

With MAX$$ option turned on, sorry Paolo.

Paolo> - ext2fs is good almost as UFS except that it writes metadata at
Paolo> different times, but can i burned if i remember when.

You were too busy eating :) :) :)

Cheers, Stoned.