Re: Oily report

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Oily report
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 14:25:34 +0100
Hi again,

 >      You already know the state of my keyboard on a Magnum, but here's
 > some more info on it that I left out.  On boot-up, the kernel complains
 > about 3 things, first, "Scanmode 2 failed", then later after
 > checking the floppy it blurts out "fake_keyboard_interrupt()" (or

The "fake_keyboard_interrupt" message is normal, I believe...
Some sort of debug output, when I remember right.

 > something similar, I didn't write it down), and lastly,
 > "sw0 received".
 >      I tried to track down the "sw0 received" message, but
 > couldn't determine where it came from.

It comes from the low level interrupt handler in
arch/mips/kernel/magnum4000.S and tells you that a software interrupt 0
was received. Shouldn't happen, actually. Can you tell me a bit more
about your Magnum, ie. if it's a PC or SC machine, if it already has
labels at the rear panel connectors etc.? Not that I would be able
to say "Sure! That's it!" but it might be helpful to figure out if
there are perhaps different versions of Magnums out there. I don't
believe so, but who knows...

Cheers,
Andy