Re: Oily report

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Oily report
From: "David Kerry" <davidk@sni.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 09:22:56 -0400

> Oh, BTW: Regarding the keyboard problems: Ralf insists of his
> idea that the keyboard controller is at a different address than
> it is currently used. I cannot confirm that since MY keyboard
> works fine. There are enough Magnumish people on the list to
> find out what's actually wrong, so:
>
> TO ALL MAGNUM OWNERS: Could you please try to boot a kernel
> (I provide a binary if necessary) and tell us what happens with
> your keyboard?
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

        You already know the state of my keyboard on a Magnum, but here's
some more info on it that I left out.  On boot-up, the kernel complains
about 3 things, first, "Scanmode 2 failed", then later after
checking the floppy it blurts out "fake_keyboard_interrupt()" (or
something similar, I didn't write it down), and lastly,
"sw0 received".
        I tried to track down the "sw0 received" message, but
couldn't determine where it came from.

--
David Kerry  (davidk@sni.ca)
Sietec Open Systems