Re: Oily report

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Oily report
From: Andreas Busse <andy@soft-n-hard.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 14:18:44 +0100
Hi again,

 > No please don't say that, it was only a joke at first, Luc said "let's
 > try to assign it an IP address"...

Oh yes... It might work to assign an address, but who knows what
happens then :-)

 > Nothing ;) Blank Screen, I guess I had missed something in console.c,
 > still searching.

It might also be a problem somewhere deep in the lowlevel stuff.
There's a silly tiny function drawline() in arch/mips/kernel/magnum4000.S
which you can use for some sort of "debugging" before the console driver
works, even before the TLB is initialized. If you can't figure out
where the kernel stops, use this. You can also use the gdb stub, but
for this some essential things need to be configured first.

 > Mine works fine.

That's what I thought...

 > Well you that "MAGNUN OWNERS" can also be understood "OILY OWNERS" :)

Yeah, you're right :-)

Cheers,
Andy